Security Operator Lead
Leidos is seeking a mid-level analyst in support of NOAA’s SOC. This individual will lead the Cyber Security Operations team consisting of eight Tier 1 and Tier 2 Security Operators in support of 24/7 monitoring and triaging. This team will work closely with the Intrusion Analyst team, the engineering team, as well as the constituents across the agency. Specific responsibilities include:
The candidate will work to:
- Lead a team of up to 8 Security Operators performing defensive cybersecurity operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Ensure the effective performance against established operational rhythm, expectations and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Provide hands-on technical support to subordinates during Cyber Security Investigations
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC processes and tools to enhance the mission
- Place an emphasis on the development of staff and cultivate career growth opportunities to ensure the long term success of the mission
- Correlate events throughout NOAA Fismas to provide an early warning capability and provide trending data that enable decision-makers to prioritize cyber mitigation efforts and investment strategies
- Integrate, correlate, and enrich disparate information sources to provide actionable intelligence and advice to network and system operators as well as to bureau and departmental management.
- Perform analysis on anomalous behavior based on log data from firewalls, packet capture, web proxy services, network flow analysis, intrusion detection, and malware analysis tools
- Facilitate prioritization and requirements gathering for content development or new technology implementation.
- Be available for a rotational oncall schedule, roughly 1/3 of the time, for emergency situations. This includes the possibility of coming onsite if warranted.
- Be available to fill shifts in case coverages are needed
- Remain available, while on call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer calls and respond to the needs of the SOC. Depending on the nature of the call, the supervisor is expected to be available to report to the SOC and provide coverage or respond to emergency situations.
- Ensures all contractual obligations of the Security Operations team are met
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Requires BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior experience performing as a SOC Detect and Response Analyst
- Prior experience in small team/group leadership
- Team player
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To further your success in this role, it helps to have:
- Prior experience leading a team within a SOC environment
- Working knowledge of security tools such as a SIEM and SOAR.
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and experience performing monitoring and responding to threats in Cloud environments.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Fairmont, WV
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.