Senior Security Control Assessor
The Leidos Defense Group has openings for Security Control Assessor at the following locations: JBLE, VA and Robins AFB, GA. This position is part of a large Military Intelligence Program supporting the USAF Air Combat Command’s Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS).
These positions are supporting a proposal. We are expecting award and funding of these positions in February 2024.
- Conducts independent assessments of security controls to determine the overall effectiveness of the control and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Analyze security needs and software requirements.
- Translate security requirements into application design elements and document the elements.
- Analyzes security of new or existing computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs.
- Performs security testing and reviews and identifies gaps in security architecture and develops a risk management plan.
- Develop system and software testing and validation procedures programming, and documentation.
- Conduct tests of programs and software applications to ensure the desired information is produced and instructions and security levels are correct.
- Plan and conduct security authorization reviews and assurance case development for initial installation of systems and networks.
- Verifies application software, network. and system security postures are implemented as stated, document deviations, and recommend required actions to correct those deviations.
Qualifications will vary, but will mostly require:
- Bachelors degree in a computer science or information management related field
- 8 years of security control experience.
- DoD Directive 8570.1-M Security+ and CASP+ certification and ITIL is required for a limited number of positions. T
- S/SCI security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/21/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.