Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos currently has an opening for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler to work in our Ladson, SC facility. As a member of the Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team, you will be joining a diverse and dedicated group who are excited about producing industry leading screening technology. Our new Ladson, SC facility will produce a comprehensive suite of fully automated and integrated products for aviation, shipping ports, border crossings, and critical infrastructure customers. These systems provide threat detection by screening baggage, cargo, and people at checkpoints around the world.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembler will be responsible for the rapid manufacturing of sub-assemblies and finished systems. The day to day could cover a variety of assembly types that include cables, harnesses, panels, mechanical assemblies, or large system builds. In this role the assembler will need to comprehend assembly documentation, safely and properly utilize required tooling, operate material handling equipment, record system information, adhere to company policies, and interact positively with other team members. Some finished system could be large and require someone who can physically maneuver around the product. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic, self-motivating individual who is ready to learn and contribute to the mission.
- Assemble cables, harnesses, panels, enclosures, and other small sub-assemblies
- Read and interpret work instructions, drawings, and schematics
- Installs components and devices per assembly documentation
- Solder wires, PCBA’s, and components
- Measure, cut, strip, and route wires on panels and/or enclosures
- Utilize a combination of basic hand tools and power tools
- Utilize measuring tools such as multi-meters, continuity checker, calipers, tape measure, and ruler to verify conformity of product
- Provide assembly feedback and suggested changes or improvements
- Complete build records and documentation as required
- Conducts quality checks on own work and may execute buddy checks on others work
- Maintain workspace cleanliness and organization utilizing 5S methodologies
- Follow manufacturing guidelines and procedures
- Adhere to company regulatory and compliance policies
- Participate in cross-training activities
- 1+ years’ experience in manufacturing or research and development (R&D)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (US citizenship required).
- ESD Awareness
- Average computer skills used for daily employee task
- Attention to detail and quality conscious
- Drive and ambition to execute and complete work in timely manner
- Personal sense of integrity, trust, and respect
- Strong interpersonal skills used to set and maintain positive culture
- Current or expired certification in any of the following: IPC 620, 610, 7711, 7721, or J-standard
The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team has developed a suite of integrated solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. We provide automated threat detection for weapons, narcotics, explosives, contraband, and undeclared goods, as well as nuclear and radioactive materials, by leveraging industry leading screening technologies, AI/ML capabilities and advanced biometric tools. We have more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries, including best-in-class security checkpoint and inspection systems for people, checked baggage and more.
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES)
Original Posting Date:2024-02-09
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Pay Range:Pay Range $37,050.00 - $66,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.