Leidos is seeking an Associate Buyer to support a program in the Reston VA or Oak Ridge, TN office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large established company and learn the procurement field from the ground up, while contributing substantially to meaningful programs. The successful candidate will provide procurement support and analysis for all contract procurement requirements.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
The Associate Buyer is responsible for defining plans, processes, methods, and tools for ensuring supply chain management and chain of custody for the life of all Government assets. Additionally, the Procurement Buyer is responsible for activities associated with researching and recommending cost effective purchase arrangements. Support the Government’s purchase process and coordinating the delivery of purchases; and managing, tracking, and auditing hardware recapitalization, maintenance agreements, and software licensing. The individual shall ensure the review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary. Will actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices. Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions; and participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms & conditions to resolve issues as necessary.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and some work experience- generally less than 2 years. A combination of education, experience, training through employment, internships, military, or certification relative to procurement may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to customer base where appropriate
- Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements
- Ability to travel between local sites on occasion to coordinate activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to customers’ questions in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to learn new skills and apply them confidently in day-to-day processes.
- Requires the use of problem-solving techniques to address unique procurement requests that impact critical support requirements.
- Prior procurement experience is a plus.
- Experience in a similar role executing on time deliveries of hardware and software; interacting with key suppliers; dealing with the financial impacts of supplier decisions on programs; and managing, tracking, and auditing existing hardware and software inventories.
- Experience supporting procurement system compliance, materials management, prime contract flow downs, supplier quality, and supplier teaming to achieve successful results.
- Experience working with price analysis methodologies.
Experience working with Commercial Supplier Agreements (CSAs) and End User License Agreements (EULAs).
Pay Range:Pay Range $39,650.00 - $61,000.00 - $82,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.