AEGIS Computer Network Subject Matter Expert and Tactical and Technical Trainer
Gibbs & Cox, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is the largest independent naval architecture and marine engineering firm in the United States. Since our founding in 1929, 24 classes of combatants and nearly 7,000 vessels have been built to Gibbs & Cox designs. We proudly support military and commercial clients in the U.S. and internationally with all phases of marine design, construction, and lifecycle management. Our passion is solving our customers’ 21st century maritime challenges with quality and integrity.
Are you ready for a rewarding career opportunity?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and knowledgeable professional to join our team as a full-time AEGIS Computer Network Subject Matter Expert and Tactical and Technical Trainer in the beautiful location of Dahlgren, VA. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring combat systems training and readiness. Join us and make a difference in the field of military technology and training – apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security obstacles for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Develop, organize, and conduct combat systems and weapon system employment, training, and educational programs for personnel assigned to AEGIS Platforms.
- Serve as an AEGIS Computer Network Subject Matter Expert and Instructor to train Sailors in tactical and operational employment of the AEGIS combat system and associated weapons systems.
- Review and analyze Aegis Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine.
- Integrate and conceptualize the execution of Doctrine, optimizing the application of the ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitations in a dynamic operational tactical environment.
- Utilize shore-based training systems requiring dynamic training and assessment of watch standers during integrated scenarios.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
What Sets You Apart:
- Minimum of fou (4) years of US Navy surface warfare combat systems/platform experience with carriers, DDGs, CGs, LCS, large decks, smaller amphibious ships, or land-based test sites.
- Experience as an Operator Supervisor or Maintenance Technician desired.
- U.S. Citizenship and Active Secret Security Clearance are required.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and easily readable technical correspondence to document reviews of technical recommendations following technical reviews and collating of comments.
- Articulate in oral and written presentations; possess high organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Experience working dynamic programs with fluctuating scope and integrated coordination of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Understand US Navy system architecture and combat systems across logical, functional, hardware, and software components.
- Possess operational knowledge of US Navy combatants, weapon systems, and threats.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicate with the team and customers effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred.
- A formal degree or the combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience supporting engineering or analysis experience is always a plus.
You Might Also Have:
- B.S. or Advanced Degree in engineering, analysis, or related discipline desired but not required.
- Experience with training and readiness of Navy vessels.
- Experience in surface and air warfare simulation.
- Experienced Aegis Computer Network Technician (ACNT).
- NECs (V00C, V01C, V36A, V37A, V44A, V55A, V60A, V64A, V68A, V69A, or V75A)
- Master Training Specialist
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.