Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solution Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Leidos SES currently has openings for experienced Technical Trainers in support of our aviation security equipment used in checked baggage and checkpoints. Candidates for the Technical Trainer position require a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, as well as excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ideal candidates will also have experience creating technical procedures, training curriculum, and documentation. They must be able to deliver technical material clearly, operate technical systems, and perform system maintenance tasks. Candidates should be outgoing and comfortable working with diverse groups of people while maintaining professionalism at all times. Technical Trainers require a wide range of technical knowledge that will continually be updated based on new system requirements.
- Conducts technical operator and maintenance training for internal field service engineers as well as external customers upon delivery of systems.
- Able to complete mechanical and electrical tasks as part of training.
- Interfaces with on-site management, engineering, software developers, and technical writers.
- Creates technical procedures and manuals, PowerPoint presentations; course outlines and syllabi’s.
- Effectively communicates technical information to users/students in non-technical clear terms.
- Develops, evaluates, and assembles class modules, training materials, and handouts.
- Develops expert knowledge of related technical systems developed by Leidos in order to deliver quality operator and maintenance training.
- Education, Experience, Certification: Bachelors’ degree in a Technical field strongly preferred; Equivalent education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 10 years minimum as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on industry related aviation products.
- 4 years minimum of directly related work experience within technical training and development is recommended.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate with all departments, including production, engineering, software developers, technical writers, and all levels of management.
- Ability to deliver technical training courses to system operators and technicians.
- Ability to teach and complete mechanical and electrical tasks and document procedures on how to complete these tasks including:
- Reviewing assembly drawings and interpreting schematics
- Using a digital multi-meter to measure high voltages
- Working with and around high voltages and currents
- Inspecting enclosures, for leaks, obstructions and corrosion
- Inspecting and testing electrical and electronic components, such as power supplies, fuses, connectors
- Removing and replacing or repairing electrical components
- Able to complete computer related tasks, including:
- Downloading and installing software using Windows Explorer
- Installing computer hardware and testing computer cables and connections
- Understanding of Databases: Proficient with SQL in order to create and manage Virtual Machines
- Basic Programming skills: Line commands, in order to work with Windows OS
- Networking Skills: Knowledge and understanding of network addressing concepts
- Ability to obtain TSA Clearance (basic vetting – background check)
Education & Experience:
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $61,750.00 - $111,625.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.