Junior Research Scientist
Leidos is seeking a Junior Research Scientist to support advanced research in San Diego, CA. The selected candidate will gain practical laboratory experience while working on challenging problems to help us achieve our project goals operating in a fast- paced environment. The candidate will be involved in undersea acoustic simulation, neural network design and evaluation efforts.
Taking direction from your Team or Task Lead, while working in small groups or individually you will:
- Support every aspect of our research & development responsibilities, including theoretical modeling, experimental design, data collection, data analysis, and reporting
- Take ownership of a project and see it through completion, including giving a presentation of your work and outcome
- Support the development of advanced laboratory capabilities, including novel experimental techniques and equipment
- Be able to assist in standing up new laboratories
- Setup and characterize specific laboratory equipment or military hardware
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, participate in testing and other technical assignments
- Bachelor of Science degree in physics, math or engineering and and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Desire to work with a team of driven scientists and engineers
- Motivated learner
- Time management skills
- Demonstrated excellence in courses covering physics, electricity/magnetism, and quantum mechanics
- Experience with coursework statistical physics, analytical physics, and experimental methods
- Experience with coursework covering numerical simulation and modeling
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.