Business Development Director - National Solutions (NRO)
The National Solutions Operation (NSO) within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Sr Business Development Director to help us solve mission-critical challenges for the Intelligence Community primarily focused on our work with the National Reconnaissance Organization (NRO). Leidos strives to make the world safer and our customers more efficient through the delivery of Intelligence Tradecraft professionals and solutions, as well as through the delivery of Transformative Information Technology (IT) solutions built with a thorough understanding of our customer’s critical missions.
As the Sr Business Development Director for our NRO business, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a high-paced environment. You are expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, campaigns and associated marketing with the Operation. You will collaborate with a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ expertise and capabilities into new and evolving mission areas.
- Partners with the Division VP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the pipeline, recommends BD priorities and resource allocations.
- Establishes and measures progress with the Divisions’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the Operations’ strategy based on market research and corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets.
- Coordinates and leads meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences, and panels.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 13+ years of relevant experience
- 13+ years of experience supervising or leading business development teams or programs.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Intelligence Community and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with the NRO
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Knowledge in the mission software, digital modernization, analysis and Intelligence tradecraft domains.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $2 billion or greater.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance.
- Travel as required 10% -20% per month
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.