Sr Business Development Manager - MPO
The Leidos Business Development team for our Digital Modernization Sector has an opening for a Senior Business Development Professional to build a qualified pipeline of large strategic opportunities for our MPO customer.
In this senior role, the BD professional is expected to mentor and develop more junior or inexperienced staff, develop and lead large complex projects, and improve existing solutions and processes. Candidates must be comfortable and competent in their ability to communicate with senior executives regarding all aspects of the business and opportunities we are pursuing. A critical skill for the position is the ability to negotiate and compromise with internal and external parties to develop the best position for Leidos.
The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Operations and Strategy.
The Senior Business Development role requires an ethical approach to winning, business acumen, technical understanding and/or education, resourcefulness to support a robust business development process with internal/external customer engagement, identification and analysis of new opportunities, both published and unrecognized. This individual will be responsible for securing existing work and winning new work in the Intelligence Community marketplace. They will be held accountable for pipeline development and qualification of new opportunities to grow revenue.
The position necessitates desire and skill to develop and establish relationships between the company, strategic partners, and customers. The individual filling this role must collaborate effectively, negotiate and cooperate to achieve business goals. Additional responsibilities may include identification and evaluation of M&A targets, development of joint ventures, and both short and long term campaign development. The Senior BD professional will be responsible for continuous monitoring of changes in competitor business models, performance, and leadership as well as the impact of those changes on the competitor’s market share.
The successful candidate supports development and execution of the operation and group strategies. This individual follows corporate processes for business development and may make recommendations for improvements to the process. The position requires working closely with the responsible line and capture managers; supporting the transition from opportunity identification to pursuit; supporting capture managers and working as part of a capture teams to successfully complete contract bids and wins; developing and maintaining customer and industry call plans and establishing lasting rapport with both; communicating the organization’s core capabilities; establishing internal and external teaming; and effective efficient shepherding of new business funds. The business developer is essential to new business and must work collaboratively with the functional and line staff of the organization to ensure qualified opportunities meet business standards and support the overarching business strategy.
Additional responsibilities include: Developing or improving solutions for assigned opportunities; managing relationships with partners and corporate staff; participating in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. This person is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to develop and deliver qualified opportunities to capture managers and supporting the captures through proposal and hot start activities. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience. Comparable relevant work experience in lieu of degree would be considered.
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Expert knowledge and application of online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI
- A positive attitude, professional demeanor and unparalleled subject matter expertise in identifying new opportunities and building business.
- Current and compelling customer and industry relationships.
- Experience with MPO domains and intelligence tradecraft approaches across disciplines
- Prior experience in or supporting the US Intelligence Community
- Ability to gain internal support, operate with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, line managers, and peers across the corporation
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical presentation and problem solving skills
- Current TS/SCI desired or willingness to sit for polygraph.
Pay Range:Pay Range $144,300.00 - $260,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.