Tier 2 Systems Maintainer 24x7 - TS/SCI with Poly
The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Tier 2 System Maintainer supporting 24x7-mission applications in Aurora, CO. The successful candidate will be required to function as an integral member of a highly proficient and technically competent team of System Maintainers and will be responsible for ensuring the continuous operation of complex mission applications in a purpose-built enterprise environment. Qualified applicants must be able to work collaboratively to reliably resolve system anomalies. Applicants must be available and willing to support operations using a rotating 24x7 shift schedule with predictable periods of non-work, extended personal time and increased pay. This position is not for a help desk. The qualified candidate will be a Tier 2 maintainer in all respects and will work closely with the 8x5 personnel to enhance broad system knowledge. Occasional out-of-band call-in support may be required.
- Maintain consistent mission processor availability and reliability through the implementation of proactive Systems Maintenance methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical competence in the expedient restoration of mission applications and associated functions to a fully operative state
- Adhere to prescribed incident and problem management or ticket escalation processes to quickly and proactively resolve system anomalies as appropriate
- Create, enhance, update or otherwise maintain concise, accurate, and complete Tier 2 maintenance and operations documentation
- Provide relevant input to the shift lead and other teammates regarding activities and incidents that negatively impact Tier 2 mission operations.
- Provide training to teammates, Tier 1 and customers as required
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI with a polygraph required
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Knowledge of Tier 2 system maintenance and troubleshooting on mission critical systems
- Experience with constructive, collaborative approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively with other leaders
- Must be willing to perform shift work
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience (incl. DEC VMS and/or Alpha)
- Proven experience and proficiency with one or more of the following disciplines in an enterprise environment:
- Unix, Linux, and/or Windows based OS and application management
- Script development and implementation (e.g. PyThon, BaSH, XML)
- Troubleshooting of complex and interconnected systems
- Usage and support of Enterprise Maintenance Management tool(s)
- Ability to develop technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment to achieve day-to-day objectives that significantly impact operational results and deliverables
- Deep understanding and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of domain related mission operations and a broad understanding of dependent domains
Original Posting Date:2024-02-01
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.