Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. The selected candidate will act as an Information System Security Officer for a large software development program which includes software maintenance and development, IT support (Network/Workstation/Server), systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). She/he will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. She/he will analyze threats and develop and implement best practices methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for implementing and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave.
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies.
- Develop and update the system security plans and other IA documentation.
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Develop system security policy and ensure compliance.
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanisms of the Information System (IS).
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 8 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following (preferably more): current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools.
- Experience completing security evaluations of software systems or architectures to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Experience preparing and maintaining SSP or security related documentation.
- Experience proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies, preferably on a large software or IT program.
- Demonstrated experience performing day-today security operations of large. Complicated information and information processing systems.
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience as an Information Systems Security Officer on a software development and integration program.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with current security tools, hardware/software security implementation, communication protocols, and encryption techniques/tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.