Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Team Lead
Looking for a unique, innovative, and challenging IT position? Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Team Lead will support a program that provides Information Assurance support to US Space Force.
This position will report directly to the Program Manager.
- Lead the management of risks related to the use of processing, storing, or transmitting information to reduce or eliminate impact, integrity, or availability of information and information systems.
- Direct and ensure team meets both regulatory and non-regulatory compliance demands.
- Ensure the team’s proper management and enforcement of information security policies, training and educating end-users on proper security practices, conducting security and risk assessments using security frameworks (e.g., NIST, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Common Criteria, etc.).
- Ensure team employs best practices to mitigate risk via established security controls with design, implementation, and sustainment of information systems.
- Lead testing and evaluation to certify and accredit commercial security products, ensuring privacy of data throughout its life-cycle
- Direct and provide oversite of team’s vulnerability management (scanning, assessment, reporting, and mitigation verification), business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Lead efforts associated with the RMF authorization process to include developing and maintaining artifacts for the IS Body of Evidence (BoE).
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess and maintain a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelors degree in related field and 12-15 years of experience, additional years of related or other experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 IAM I, must include Security+ or equivalent.
- RMF Certification or equivalent.
- Expert level experience with DoD IT security requirements.
- Expert level experience in Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process and development of RMF certification packages.
- Experience with Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 – Foundation.
- Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Information Assurance Manager (IAM) II.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Experience in network access control, intrusion prevention and detection systems, firewalls, routers, incident response, information security methods, and risk management.
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016 and Windows 10, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.