Information Systems Security Officer
Leidos currently has an opening for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. The selected candidate will act as an ISSO for a large software development program which includes software maintenance and development, IT support (Network/Workstation/Server), systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). The candidate will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for implementing and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing multiple types of information.
- Assist with the Configuration Management for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Analyze threats and develop and implement best practice methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing information.
- Maintain operational security posture for information systems.
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system/program/enclave.
- Develop and maintain documentation for Certification & Accreditation in accordance with specified policies.
- Develop and update system security plans and other IA documentation.
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Develop system security policy and ensure compliance.
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanisms of the Information System.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least eight (8) years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with several of the following: current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools.
- Experience completing security evaluations of software systems or architectures to ensure they meet security requirements.
- Experience preparing and maintaining SSPs and other security related documentation.
- Experience proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies, preferably on a large software or IT program.
- Demonstrated experience performing day-to-day security operations of large, complicated information and information processing systems.
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience as an Information Systems Security Officer on large software development and integration programs.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/26/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.