Leidos has an exciting opportunity to be a member of the AEGIS system administration team supporting advanced systems at NASA Langley Research Center.
We are actively searching for a Linux Systems Administrator to join the team. The scope includes support of Datacenter computing resources including virtual infrastructure, security plans, Apache web servers.
- Design, configuration, and maintenance of Linux virtual machines, Vmware servers, Apache web servers, networking and storage systems
- Proactively monitor, analyze, and correct system issues
- Developing scripts to automate repetitive tasks or tools to enhance support of Linux systems
- System performance analysis and tuning
- Support evaluations and assessments of new technologies
- Configuration Management and Strategic Planning
- Security Architecture
- Advanced Linux/UNIX system administration experience using the command line. Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience developing scripts to automate processes in a UNIX environment – bash/bourne shell, Ansible, Perl or Python
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with large scale virtual environments
- Understanding of disk storage systems (RAID, NFS, LUNs) and Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- "Quick study" and driven to learn how to quantify, analyze and resolve complex system issues.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also independently
- Ability and willingness to communicate tasks and concepts to others
- Good documentation skills and experience documenting day to day tasks
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Understanding of networking concepts
- An active Public Trust Clearance
- VMWare ESXi / vCenter server systems
- Enterprise class hardware
- Supporting a research computing environment
- Advanced web server design and debugging
- Managing infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, NIS
- Hybrid Cloud implementation & cloud migration
- Kubernetes implementation and security configuration
- Ansible development in a collaborative environment using Git/Gitlab
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.