Cloud System Administrator -- Security Clearance REQUIRED
Are you ready to work on a program that can potentially change the world? Come put your cloud skills into action! Leidos has an opening for a talented Cloud System Administrator (SA) to work on the Sustainment for Analysis Services (SAS) program. The ideal candidate will assist in the migration and configuration of systems for the cloud. Duties include design, deploy, configure, manage, and maintain cloud infrastructure and services with implementation of best practices for systems security, scalability, availability, and data integrity.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- Chantilly, VA
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Design, implement, and maintain the program’s cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability and performance of all cloud-based services.
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the program’s AWS environment.
- Automate tasks wherever possible to improve efficiency and reduce manual work.
- Liaise with other teams to provide support and advice on using the cloud platform.
- Keep abreast of new features and functionality from AWS and other providers to ensure the program is making use of the best tools available.
- Assist in the development of new applications and services, working closely with software engineers, system engineers, and architects.
- Help migrate existing applications and data to the cloud platform.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of the program’s cloud infrastructure.
- Respond to incidents and outages in a timely manner, taking appropriate action to resolve them.
- Undertake capacity planning to ensure the cloud infrastructure can meet future demand.
- Perform regular security audits and implement measures to mitigate any identified risks.
- Perform operating system administration for local and remote systems including installation, software patch, system security, data backup, disc array management, and problem analysis
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- 8 years of experience in system administration with at least 5 years focusing on cloud platforms
- Must have CompTIA Security+ certification
- Proficient in both Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Hands-on experience architecting and managing resources within cloud infrastructures
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, VPN, DHCP, TLS, IP subnetting and routing
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or CloudFormation
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Cloud architect certification such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, IBM Certified Cloud Solution Architect v2, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate Certification, or CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- Experience in cloud networking and security fundamentals such as IAM, KMS, and VPC
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, or Grafana
- Experience with database administration, including Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, and MySQL
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.