Air Force Operational Energy Strategic Communications
The Leidos team supporting the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Operational Energyhas an opening for the Strategic Communications and Engagement Analyst in Arlington, VA.
This position entails direct communications support to the Deputy Assistant Secretary, and requires professional demeanor, understanding of the organizational structure of the Department of Defense, and experience in strategic communications support for executive leadership.
- Coordinate and develop the strategic communications and engagement efforts for Air Force Operational Energy, a Pentagon office focused on innovative energy efficiency solutions and technologies for the Air Force, including developing messaging, key talking points, communications plans, leadership engagements, and all content, aligned with office priorities and leadership guidance; ensure quality-control and accuracy of all information and data across products.
- Coordinate with legislative teams to develop congressional briefs, testimony preparation, talking points; respond to requests for information and coordinate responses among appropriate parties.
- Develop strategic branding and marketing plans utilizing reach back capability for graphics, video production, and other communications materials (print, digital, social); Help lead campaign efforts for Energy Action Month.
- Brief senior leadership regularly on communications and public affairs efforts; provide metrics updates, reports, briefings, and other materials as needed. Author the Air Force Operational Energy Annual Report, with assistance from government leads.
- Plan office involvement in conferences and expos; Attend senior leader speaking engagements as needed, ensuring senior leaders are prepped and their participation runs smoothly.
- Requires BS Degrees with 8+ years of years of prior relevant experience in strategic communications/public affairs.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience providing communications support to Executive-level leadership.
- Experience creating and executing strategic comms plans; experience creating content including articles, print, digital, video, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Master’s Degree in strategic communications/public affairs experience.
- Experience working with the USAF and/or Department of Defense
- Interest in energy-related topics
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.