Shop Floor Planner Arcadia-Label Printer
The Shop Floor Planner will assist in the printing of labels that are used on the production floor. This is an entry level position and although no direct experience needed, experience in a manufacturing environment and ability to work in a fast paced environment is preferred.
Determine, coordinate and maintain production schedules to effectively maximize the use of available capacities, recognizing production constraints and working towards helping eliminate them.
Validate the system generated production schedules, resolve conflicts and adjust priorities as needed.
Maintain all assigned planning area schedules to meet final assembly requirements.
Monitor production performance versus the production plan and recommend changes to improve utilization.
Establish and maintain optimal replenishment procedures, comparing performance against delivery and inventory goals.
Advise management of existing and potential material shortage and recommend solutions.
Help maintain inventory control and physical inventory accountability.
Perform daily cycle count of WIP for assigned area to identify discrepancies in product flow or material age.
Maintain accurate lead time parameters and inventory buffers to effectively plan the products assigned; communicate any concerns to management.
Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Shop Floor Planner
What Will You Do?
You will develop, coordinate and execute schedules by tracking production capacity and material availability to achieve optimum production efficiency. This position will recommend schedule adjustments as needed to maximize production progress, labor and material availability.
What Do You Need?
• 2 years’ experience in manufacturing or inventory related area
• Supply chain and inventory control
• Capacity planning and production flow
• Document management systems
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
• Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, AS400, and internet
• Working knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
• High School Diploma or equivalent, Required