Solar Technology and Energy Consultant
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Solar Technology and Energy Consultant with primary responsibility for working in a team setting to support the existing solar consulting practice and with secondary responsibility for managing work products within the practice.
Location: Ideal candidate would be located within commuting distance of Denver CO.
Travel: This position may require up to 15% travel to include international travel, and can include weeks with extended work hours to support client(s) needs.
- Assisting team with solar resource and PVsyst energy modeling
- Reviewing performance test provisions and results
- Writing independent engineering and owner advisor solar resource and energy production reports
- Reviewing and analyzing SCADA data to assess the performance of operating solar power generating facilities
- Working with the team managers in training and mentoring other technical team members
- Maintaining and growing Leidos’ viewpoints/opinions, solar information database, standards of practice, and internal improvement projects
What Sets You Apart: (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required with four plus (4+) years in the performance modeling/analysis/testing, engineering design, evaluation of solar technologies, solar drawing development, or operations and maintenance of PV and/or other renewable generation facilities.
- Understanding of PV modules and inverters, including first principles understanding of how the design, manufacture, quality control, and installations of these technologies impact PV plant performance and reliability in the short and long-term (this includes cell design and manufacturing techniques, standards, and quality control programs)
- Python coding experience
- Understanding the similarities and differences in the design and modeling of residential, C&I, and utility-scale projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure (Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, and energy service companies)
- Successful track record maintaining client relations and working with clients (both internal and external)
You Might Also Have: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Six plus (6+) years in the performance modeling/analysis/testing, engineering design, evaluation of solar technologies, solar drawing development, or operations and maintenance of PV and/or other renewable generation facilities perferred
- Having worked as a developer, independent engineer, operator, and/or on a performance optimization team is a plus
- Knowledge with HelioScope, PV watts, and SAM is a plus
- Ability to be a successfully manager of a team using proven project management skills preferred
- Foreign language skills are a Plus (Spanish preferred)
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference
Original Posting Date:2024-02-09
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.