Learning Program Coordinator
Do you love helping others? Are you a problem-solver who likes to find creative solutions to help others? Do you want to take that creativity and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Human Resources Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Be part of an innovative team that influences and develops HR strategies that move the business forward, drive business results and contribute to the overall advancement of our entire organization.
Learning Program Coordinator
What Will You Do?
The Learning Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for the coordination and organization of Ashley Furniture Industries’ (AFI) Talent Development department learning programs.
This role will work collaboratively with the leadership of the Talent Development department, primarily those delivering training, in support of the planning and execution of their programs. In addition, the Learning Program Coordinator may oversee the deployment of training surveys, reserving training locations, providing program updates, and ensuring accuracy of dashboards. The Learning Program Coordinator will need to adapt to the various demands of facilitators, locations, and programs. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with New Employee Orientation and the New Leader Onboarding Program at their respective location. Depending on their location, the Program Coordinator may be responsible for making all training catering arrangements.
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of all training aspects for certain Talent Development programs. This includes, but not limited to shipping out of training materials, reserving rooms, coordinating room set up, ordering catering, acquiring snacks (coffee, water, soda, ice, and snacks), etc.
- Works collaboratively with print vendors to prepare and distribute materials to include workbooks, certificates, and pre- and post-program logistical information. The goal being to maintain an inventory of all training related materials to ensure there are ample supplies for each quarter.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with points of contacts at each Ashley site to work collaboratively in support of learning/training events at that location. This also includes the maintenance and upkeep of the department’s learning readiness map program, which tracks points of contacts, resources, facilities, A/V capabilities, workforce stability and learning maturity status at each site in support of learning operations.
- Assist with Learning Program System (LMS) processes such as being able to pull training data, build rosters, and post attendance. Coordinate the creation of an offering calendar, including but not limited to identifying location, assigning an instructor, and creating the sessions in the learning management system.
- Conduct post-session surveys and ensure information is captured within key locations for business intelligence team. Respond to inquiries into leadership & professional development programs and assist in the administration of the Ashley Leadership Institute emails.
- Provide technical support for all complex virtual instructor-led training where assistance is needed in helping manage the virtual classroom (such as: managing the chat field, assisting an internal partner, etc.)
- Light receptionist duties at the Wanek School of Business Leadership facility in Arcadia, to include hospitality support for new employees, visitors and guests.
- Market organizational training opportunities by maintaining and sending out the Quarterly Release Announcement, maintaining the Offering Catalog, and any other additional communications, including updating all necessary system.
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills in assigned disciplines, required training certifications, and instructional technology/delivery methods to supports Ashley's overall goals and objectives.
- Assist with the coordination of supplies and resources for new site development to ensure programs, such as New Employee Orientation, Industry 4.0 trainings, get successfully launched.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- Associates Degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience, Required
- 3 years in administrative work, Required
- Excellent time management, planning, project management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast paced environment
Who Are We?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.