Corporate Tax Intern
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance? Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply them to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
**This will be an onsite opportunity at our Arcadia, Wisconsin corporate headquarters
Corporate Tax Intern
What Will You Do?
The Ecommerce Finance Specialist will maintain prompt, efficient and accurate data entry to ensure customer issues are solved timely and exhibit superior customer service.
The corporate accounting intern is a strong individual contributor and is responsible for day-to-day finance department functions within Ashley’s Corporate Finance Department. This position provides exposure to all Ashley companies including manufacturing, retail, distribution, and online selling. The corporate accounting intern applies both technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills to their work.
- Prepare tax-related analyses, assists with documentation of tax issues and research in the area of corporate income tax, state tax nexus and apportionment, sales/use tax and other related areas.
- Prepare federal and state corporate income tax returns and workpapers.
- Prepare tax and/or registration forms and gather underlying information related to the completion of such forms.
- Prepare reports and/or spreadsheets, compile data, research basic tax law, or mine database information.
- Prepare federal and state quarterly tax estimates.
- Assist with federal and state tax credit calculations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, charts, etc)
- Ability to continue interning during the school year.
- A positive, can-do, willing to learn attitude!
Who Are We?
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.