COBRA Training Support Lead
In support of a specialized training support program at the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), the COBRA Training Support Lead will contribute to the strategic plan for the organization, work closely with the Leidos Training Facility Manager, SME Course Leaders and Instructional Staff to ensure seamless training delivery.
- Maintain 100% accountability of all support team members while they are engaged in logistical support activities
- Conduct daily safety briefings for support team personnel ensuring all safety equipment is worn properly
- Address safety issues to ensure compliance as it relates to risk assessment and safety standard operating procedures
- Comply with supervisor assignment for entries into the COBRA (Chemical Ordnance Biological Radiological) training Facility toxic agent training environment
- Anticipate and resolve scheduling conflicts with the training areas located at the COBRA
- Assist with review of course outcomes to include weekly After Action reports and ongoing QA/QC of courses
- Participate in cross-training of instructional staff and support team members for all COBRA related training which demands certification by Leidos or another contractor in order to successfully support course operations
- Contribute to improvement of the toxic agent training experience through continuous research and training development
- Perform post daily training checks of the training area after the students depart to ensure neatness and readiness for next training event
- Maintain accountability and prepare all training equipment for course delivery at COBRA
- Maintain a current stockpile of training consumables for course delivery by projecting out the anticipated number of students to be trained by looking forward at least two weeks
- Ensure classroom is set for course delivery prior to student’s arrival to COBRA
- With exposure to live agents supervise the doffing procedures for all students exiting the hot training bays of the toxic agent facility
- Ensure relevant checklists utilized at COBRA for ensuring task completion of course material is ready
- 5 + years of experience working around WMD, CBRNE, or Hazardous materials (civilian or military)
- Minimum of 5 years of current support team experience
- Ability to lift a minimum of 65 pounds (i.e. SCBA equipment, mannequins) during training support
- Ability to perform prolonged standing, bending, climbing, kneeling, and pushing and pulling carts
- containing equipment
- Ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), for a period of 2.5 hours up to five hours
- Must pass annual medical exam
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of background check, financial
- Institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and less than 1 year of prior relevant experience
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in Behavior Based Safety and Health System
- Experience as an OSHA Outreach Instructor
- Completion of OSHA 501 Authorized Trainer preferred but not required
Pay Range:Pay Range $49,400.00 - $89,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.