Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) manages the full range of the project management lifecycle for various components within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). DHS has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services and Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). The SPM may be called upon to manage projects for both the C-LAN and HSDN networks. This SPM is responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints; resolving complex problems and issues faced, which may require complete understanding of a broader set of issues and prior experience and organizational knowledge to successfully resolve; and interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
The SPM position will analyze, design, test, and evaluate customer requirements for computer workstations, printers, scanners, network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), internet, intranet, and other data communications systems. Tasks include preparing cost estimates for business requirements and follow the project through to completion (deployment); researching and recommending network and data communications hardware and software; establishing a good working relationship with customers and keeping customers informed of project status. The SPM will work within a matrix organization to achieve project goals and assist less experienced Project Managers in building skill sets.
- Work in a dynamic and demanding work environment
- Brief staff members and contribute solutions to decisions
- Work cooperatively as a team member and provide recommendations to DHS – building effective customer relationships
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong customer relationship management projects
- Be able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Clearance Requirement: Top secret (Must be able to obtain TS/SCI)
Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field and 8 years of experience or 12 + years of experience
- Knowledge of network systems and components
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper components
- Experience in the DHS environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $190,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.