Senior Distribution Designer
Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. With Leidos, you're joining a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies." As a valued team member, you can look forward to a fast-paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements, as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth, including:
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you a skilled Distribution Designer looking for new opportunity? Leidos, a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider, wants you to join their Power Delivery Services Team. Their expertise in power and telecommunication has earned them a reputation as a reliable partner for over 50 investor-owned utilities, 160 municipals/cooperatives, and a growing list of mobile operators, local utility providers, and private developers. Leidos is dedicated to not only engineering and project management services but also partners with the best construction firms in the industry to bring Energy Delivery Solutions to life. With accolades such as being ranked in the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 10 Power Firms by Engineering News-Record (ENR), Leidos is undoubtedly an industry leader. Don’t miss this opportunity to join their team and make a meaningful impact in the industry.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers, including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there and, at times, need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
How You’ll Grow:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain skills in…
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Project Management
- Client relations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Relay Settings, SCADA, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organization
Your Main Objective:
- Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), mostly associated with programmatic work such as overloaded transformers, inspection and maintenance, joint use, and inspection reports.
- Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget.
- Maintain high level of communication with project lead and/ or supervisor on project statuses.
What Sets You Apart:
- BS degree in a related field with 3-5 years of experience in Distribution Design for a utility
- Leadership experience preferred
- Quality Assurance/ Quality Control experience preferred
- Experience with ESRI, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PLS-CADD, MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
- Familiarity with Pole Loading software ( O-Calc, SPIDA Calc, Pole Foreman) and SAP
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects
- Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments
We’re excited to learn more about you! At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. Apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.