Substation CAD Designer
Based in our offices In Pune
Are you a proficient designer of Substations, with working knowledge of AutoCAD / Microstation?
We are in search of a Substation CAD Designer to join our diverse and fast-paced organization. Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organizational skills
In this role the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Complete drafting assignments on Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications drawings including but not limited to Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope.
- Complete drafting assignments on Physical Electrical drawings including but not limited to General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope.
- Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
- Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design degree from an accredited institution. High school diploma/Drafting certificate with additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3-8 years of drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. Coursework/project experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
- Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- Proficiency with Windows operating system environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
- Experience working with substation protection & control and physical drawings
- Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
- Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.