Claim Director- Marine General Liability Claims (340561)
Claim Director- Marine General Liability Claims
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Chubb is fundamentally committed to the creation of an inclusive, respectful and equitable workplace. Through our policies and practices for recruitment, development, retention and promotion, we seek a diverse workforce that is effective in our markets and communities and takes full advantage of the wide range of experiences and backgrounds provided. We view diversity as a key business driver that enables us to attract and retain the best talent, thereby enabling our high performance in any location.
This is a role focused on technical claim handling for Chubb’s Commercial Direct Handle Claims Team. In this role you will manage marine general liability claims, both litigated and non-litigated, under both primary and excess policies. This role requires an individual to be accountable for the handling and disposition of claims including investigation, coverage determination, reserving, negotiation and settlement or trial strategies. This position will require some travel, as well as coordinating with and servicing both internal and external business partners. You will represent the company at meetings with management and business partners, as well as at mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences and trials.
- Manage an inventory of marine general liability claims involving moderate to significant severity exposures and coverage issues.
- Conduct, coordinate, and direct investigation into loss facts, damages and risk transfer opportunities.
- Evaluate coverage, liability, and damages to determine the exposure to the insured and the policy.
- Analyze coverage and communicate coverage positions, as warranted, within assigned authority.
- Demonstrate and implement effective defense, resolution and claim strategies.
- Provide superior customer service to insureds, agents, and internal business partners.
- Adhere to Best Practices Guidelines.
- Adhere to individual authority grants, all statutory and regulatory requirements, fair claim practices and local compliance requirements, including examiner licensing.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
- Seven or more years of experience as a marine GL claim professional with a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of high exposure casualty claims with emphasis on hands-on file and litigation management.
- Should have a high degree of specialized knowledge and technical competence in the handling of Marine claims with a particular emphasis on Maritime law, the Jones Act, Boat Dealers, Boat Clubs and Marina Operators Liability.
- Experience with primary and excess bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury claims.
- Strong background and demonstrated ability in dealing with significant coverage matters.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and procedures.
- An ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills; and an ability to deal with customers and business partners in a professional manner.
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon detailed analyses of complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong relational skills particularly in adverse or high-pressure situations.
- A law degree is not necessary but helpful.
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds with experiences rich in diversity that they bring with them to our company along with:
- an inclusive mindset which allows differences to be leveraged for better business results;
- open, transparent communication;
- teamwork and inclusion which draws on diverse ideas and perspectives; and
- new ideas, innovation, and ways of thinking which support diversity.