General Maintenance Worker - Roads and Grounds (30834)
Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Replaces electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repairs or replaces sinks, water coolers, and toilets painting structures and equipment.
- Repairs or replaces concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hangs doors and installs door locks.
- Replaces broken window panes.
- Performs general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High School graduate or equivalent. Three years’ experience in one of the structural functional areas. Must have good verbal and nonverbal communication skills to obtain and maintain interpersonal relationships with the public. Performs all tasks IAW verbal and written instructions to the established standards. Must be in good physical condition and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Utilizes various hand and power tools as required to perform general maintenance duties. Personal computer, printer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment. Must have a valid driver's license. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is in a general operational and office environment. May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty and extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays. Duty location is subject to both extreme hot and cold weather conditions. Applicant must be able to meet physical fitness requirements to be deemed fit for duty and will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE-ex: helmet, body armor, fire-retardant clothing, hard hats, etc).
Active DoD Security Clearance