Entry Level Structural Drafter
Leidos is seeking an Entry Level Structural Drafter to work out of our Chicago office.
As an entry level drafter, you will coordinate directly with our civil engineers supporting our substation/transmission civil-structural work creating construction ready plans, sections, and details for structures/foundations. The prospective candidate will demonstrate the ability to take basic direction and drawing markups from engineers to start projects and create comprehensive final drawing packages for our client base. A substantial attention to detail will be required, and the candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD (no exceptions). Effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and teamwork is required.
- Prepare civil-structural plan and detail drawings for above grade support structures and below grade foundation details.
- Ensure engineering design details are properly represented as drawn to scale items, bill of material creations, and follow client provided drafting standards for layers, title blocks, and other industry specific requirements.
- Exercise good judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on survey results
- May provide additional support on additional civil engineering project work, including site work and development.
- May provide additional support to our physical design group in laying out plans, sections, and details for substation projects.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- AA/2-year degree in Engineering Technology - CAD or related scientific/technical discipline with less than 2 years of experience.
- An additional 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education, along with CAD certificate.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, required.
- A course in school that taught the use of 3D drafting basics
- Good communication skills.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with MicroStation
- Experience with Revit
- Experience with 3D drafting.
- Experience in the utility market
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience / expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- GIS design
- Client communication
- Construction support
- Field reviews
Pay Range:Pay Range $31,850.00 - $57,575.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:10/31/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.