Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager (HEN1614803499609465)
Environmental, Health, and Safey Manager
Reports to: Global Vice President of Operations
I. Purpose of Position
The Manager of EHS ensures site compliance with governmental regulatory requirements and Corporate Standards as related to the Safety, Occupational health, and Environmental arenas. The EHS Director has total EHS responsibilities and leads the implementation and/or development of environmental and occupational safety and health programs and polices designed to prevent harm to workers, property and the environment, as well as the general public.
II. Key Responsibilities
- Developing, implementing, and administering site safety programs including emergency evacuation in accordance with guidelines, to provide a safe working environment.
- Develop & implement safety procedures, processes as well as coordinate & deliver training programs - including but not limited to orientation and annual training requirements. Maintain appropriate records.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA requirements and local jurisdictions
- Developing, implementing, and administering site regulatory programs in accordance with corporate and division guidelines. Ensure compliance with EPA, state, and local requirements.
- Assist Plant management in Process Safety Management related activities, reviews, etc. and implementation of related improvements.
- Serve as the plant resource regarding best work practices
- Participate in post-accident investigations and corrective actions.
- Maintain EHS related KPI or PD data and activities.
- Support continuous improvement (DBS) activity.
- Evaluate jobs, work stations, cells for appropriate ergonomic and safety issues. Train supervisors in performing job safety assessments.
- Assist in Kaizens, light duty, restriction accommodation analyses.
- Ensure reporting of workers compensation claims to insurer. Partner with insurer and Human Resources and legal department to effectively manage claims.
- Represent Hennessy in corporate or governmental reporting and audit requirements.
- Create an engaged safety environment by leading EHS policies and procedures through the plant, and helping associate recognize the importance of doing so in a fun and engaging way
III. Measures of Performance
- Total Recordable Incident Rate and Lost Time Incident Rate
- Risk level & mitigation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Safety and EHS Dimensions on Employee Engagement Survey
The Manager of EHS must have a strong ability to influence and lead associates, operations support, administrative support and leadership staff. Must also have strong problem solving skills, with very systematic approach and analytical mentality. S/he will communicate with employees at different levels, and must be able to deliver effective communications, both written and verbal. Effective conflict resolution is an essential skill of this role.. Additionally, the Manager of EHS must be able to oversee and prioritize multiple demanding projects. A qualified candidate will have strong business acumen and be successful driving Hennessy EHS initiatives.
V. Background and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science Safety or Health, or related technical field
- Eight (8) years or more of progressively more responsible work experience in safety related management or line leadership with safety emphasis. Exposure to and knowledge of safety and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time between our two Plant locations in LaVergne, TN and Bowling Green, KY
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Knowledge of:
- Federal, state and local EHS regulations
- SHE Programs and Training
- Ability to:
- Interpret for understanding and application of Gilbarco and Danaher safety standards.
- Influence others to achieve improved safety performance
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Develop, write, and present required SHE programs and training
- Work as a contributing team member of a SHE network
- Maintain awareness of the importance of the belief “that all injuries can be prevented”.
VI. Personal Trait Profile
- High sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to lead and coach others
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic vision balanced with tactical ability to “roll up sleeves and get the job done”
Hennessy Industries is headquartered in the greater Nashville, TN area. With facilities in the U.S., Canada and abroad, Hennessy is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of aftermarket wheel-service equipment. Hennessy designs, builds and markets equipment, accessories and consumables under three renowned brand names: AMMCO®, COATS® and BADA®.
Future cities are smarter cities, and they need infrastructure and tools for advanced mobility, reliability, safety, efficiency, and quality of life. Vontier is ready to build that future. We are a global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our portfolio is built on market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. United by a vibrant, inclusive culture and our proven business system, our 8,000+ team members are mobilizing the future to create a better world. Ready to advance pioneering solutions for intelligent diagnostics, electric vehicles, and smart cities? Move your career forward at Vontier.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org