General Maintenance Technician I - Safety Shower
Amentum is seeking a Safety Shower Tech to join our operations and maintenance team.
This Safety Shower Tech is responsible for providing a level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance.
The Safety Shower Tech spends a high percentage of maintenance time testing, cleaning and maintaining safety showers and eyewash stations. The work is performed outside and within critical environments of the facility. The individual in this role must be reliable and able to perform work to the highest standards and within a team environment. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Perform maintenance on facility equipment with a professional and safe approach.
- Provide professional feedback to update preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of chemicals.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks and completes documentation in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety traing programs.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Maintains a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Completion of written documentation is required.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
This position does not include sponsorship for U.S. work authorization.
- High school graduate or demonstrated equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment background check and substance abuse test.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 35 lbs.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Skilled and physically able to operate hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry loads, and operate required equipment.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Working knowledge of all types and kinds of hand and power tools.
- Prior knowledge of working within a cleanroom environment.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.