Field Service Technician I
The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. With our new, combined portfolio, our operation has more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leveraging this portfolio, our core technical strengths, and robust R&D initiatives, we are positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Travel to various customer sites domestically and internationally as required.
SES is comprised of three divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
- Aviation Solutions
- Ports & Borders
- Global Services
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performing customer support activities involving the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Conducting on-site installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Isolating equipment start-up malfunctions and taking corrective action.
- Performing ad-hoc and predetermined work assignments with instructions.
- Following all established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Working on assignments which are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- Managing resources, maintaining schedules, and coordinating all repair activities in priority sequence to ensure adherence to contractual service level agreements (SLAs); and
- Working in a customer environment with systems operated in a 24/7 environment which require immediate response times (either while on-shift or after hours on-call) and driving long distances to sites.
- Accepting and updating work order in CRM systems such as Salesforce, Maximo, and GURU for our customers.
- Related Trade experience (electrical, electronic, mechanical)/Military Training (electrical, mechanical, electronics). (Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience of 2 years of electrical or mechanical field service role). Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times. Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background check (TSA eQIP).
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask several projects at once.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 200 lbs.
- Must be able to move/ manipulate equipment weighing up to 1000 lbs. with the assistance of carts, hoists, davit cranes, pallet jacks or other devices as defined in the manuals and Technical Advisory documentation.
- Job requires frequent bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and working in unusual positions requiring full body mobility.
- Must be able to work safely and follow safety precautions in extreme environments (temperature, humidity, noise, confined spaces, etc.) around dangerous industrial equipment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.