Field Service Technician
**This position is located in Quebec City (YQB) Canada**
Leidos is seek a Field Service Technician to join our SES team. The Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. With our new, combined portfolio, our operation has more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leveraging this portfolio, our core technical strengths, and robust R&D initiatives, we are positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Travel to various customer sites domestically and internationally as required.
SES is comprised of three divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
Ports & Borders
The Senior Field Service Technician must be an example for others to follow.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Must be able to respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service on a daily basis within established response time goals.
Possesses a high level of technical knowledge on the company’s Trace, X-Ray and Multiplexing technologies.
Mentors lower level FSTs in order to improve their skill and knowledge of the equipment to include on the job training (OJT).
Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction at assigned sites / locations.
Working in a customer environment with systems operated in a 24/7 environment which require immediate response times (either while on-shift or after hours on-call) and driving long distances to sites.
Foster positive customer relations and a high degree of customer satisfaction by communicating effectively with customers.
When needed, act as a liaison between the customer and other departments/functions with in the company.
May be called upon to work on equipment that has little or no documentation or training.
Completes all scheduled maintenance within required deadlines
Reviews all logs and maintenance tracking systems for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
Ability to read and follow electrical/mechanical schematics to assist in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly. Cross trains on products serviced in the field, and displays high proficiency in servicing
Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs while maximizing revenue.
Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
May be expected to assist in the preparation of operator and maintenance documentation, training, and may provide training to others as an instructor.
Other duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree/Related Trade Certification (electrical, electronic, mechanical)/Military Training (electrical, mechanical, electronics). (Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience of 1-3 years is acceptable work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role). Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Preferably including certification in networking or systems integration (A+, CCNA, or similar)
- Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of advanced/integrated electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times. Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
- While direct supervision is not the primary responsibility of this position, there will be instances where supervision of others on a project basis may be required. Must be capable of leading small (4-6 members) cross functional teams of similar roles.
- Must be able to pass an in depth background check (TSA eQIP).
Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi task several projects at once.
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
Must be able to push/pull 200 lbs.
Must be able to move/ manipulate equipment weighing up to 1000 lbs. with the assistance of carts, hoists, davit cranes, pallet jacks or other devices as defined in the manuals and Technical Advisory documentation.
Job requires frequent bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and working in unusual positions requiring full body mobility.
Must be able to work safely and follow safety precautions in extreme environments (temperature, humidity, noise, confined spaces, etc.) around dangerous industrial equipment.
Must be willing to work on-call and off-shift as assigned and requested by district manager.
Must be willing to work emergency support as needed and perform on-call responsibilities per specified schedule or as otherwise prescribed by district manager.
- Work environment is typically considered to be off-site, wherever the customer of concern is located. Service will typically be rendered at airports, correctional facilities, courthouses, cruise ships or other locations as required. Typical travel requirement is between up to 75% to support field service activities and customer relationships
- BS degree in related field (industrial, electrical, electronic, mechanical). Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable (8 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role).
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,850.00 - $81,075.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/18/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.