IBD-K Field Service Technician
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The National Security Sector in Leidos is seeking an IBD-SS Field Service Technician to support engineering and technical services of Force Protection Systems (FPS) Family of Systems (FOS) to the IBD-SS program with operations located in SWA. As an IBD-SS Field Service
Technician/Engineer one will perform maintenance, training, and work closely with military customers. Successful
candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise,
and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Integrated Base Defense (IBD) Kitting.
This position desires an individual who has experience performing mechanical, electronics, and IT Networking tasks as
well as skills performing installs, de-installs, testing systems and components, and performing preventive maintenance
actions on a variety of systems belonging to the Elevated Sensors family of systems to include ECP, BETSS-C, Cerberus,
RDISS, Radar, PTP radio, television, IBD_K and other communications & surveillance equipment components.
A strong background in IT networks and Network Security is also desired. CONUS training in various locations will be
required prior to deployment.
The National Security Sector of Leidos provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
• Must be capable of performing analyses of system operations specific to experience with IBD-K
• Creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and
services for platforms such as the Integrated Base Defense (IBD) Kitting.
• Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components
• Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual
• Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including hardware configurations;
adding, removing, and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools;
reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards
• Performs sustainment and PMCS maintenance on the towers and payloads
• Performs site surveys to determine type and placement of systems
• Installs and de-installs systems and their components and trains operators and end users
• Updates databases, informs Lead of job status and any issues encountered
• Tracks and updates work orders to include the replacement of parts component serial numbers removed and
• May travel via military/commercial conveyances to outlying areas
• Skilled using hand tools, power tools, and electronics measuring and test equipment
• Ability to perform minor maintenance on generators such as changing oil and filter
• Must have the ability to generate/produce data and reports
• Interact and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with
customers and peers
• Must be able to withstand physical demands of seasonal hot or cold temperatures and willing to live and
operate in an austere environment
• Must be willing to support up to an 84-hour Extended Work Week
• Possesses a US passport that will not expire for at least 2 or more years and must have at least 4 consecutive
blank pages for country visas
• Must be capable of meeting standards of fitness for deployment to the SWA of Operations
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, and be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
• Must have relevant certifications if applicable to contract requirements
• Other Duties as assigned
WHAT SETS YOU APART
• BA/BS + 5-8 years relevant experience (12 years’ experience in lieu of a degree)
• US Secret security clearance required
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE
Relevant and recent experience supporting Force Protection systems is highly desirable
• Experience with RAID sensor systems to include Aerostats
• Experience with BETSS-C suite of systems to include FPS, RDISS, and Cerberus
• Experience with FLIR Star Safire sensors
• Experience utilizing COLTS (or similar such as RCLS) and operating within the GCSS-A environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Import/Export (ITAR/EXIM) compliance experience
• Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high-quality environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong customer service
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively including attention to detail
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/25/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.