General Shop Foreman - Golden (89324)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally-regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the General Shop Foreman you will provide managerial leadership and personal development to employees for inputs and outputs of safety, service, productivity and financial metrics and a role model to corporate values. This position will act as the lead manager at the major Locomotive Maintenance facilities system wide. You will develop and manage facility plans and schedules for the day-to day maintenance and servicing of locomotives assets at Locomotive Maintenance Facilities in key system locations to support the Mechanical system plan.
- Develop, implement and review a 3 to 12 month business plan to contribute to the achievement of a 1 to 2 year vision and business plan;
- Apply best endeavors and full commitment to develop, implement and execute the daily Locomotive Maintenance facility plan (across all shifts), in support of the system and local operating plans;
- Accountable for the output/results of direct reports related to daily production plan, and to adjust the plan as required to achieve maximum locomotive reliability/safety/productivity;
- Ensure the application of locomotive maintenance/servicing is in compliance with CP’s maintenance regulations, AAR standards, manufacture specification and TC/FRA regulations;
- Ensure the application of CP safety practices, policies, procedures and output/results by all direct reports. In addition, take appropriate corrective measures as required. This is to be documented through, memorandums, Marvin form, formal investigations, etc.;
- Assist in setting performance objective for direct reports to improve their effectiveness; invoke performance improvement/development (i.e. training, courses, etc…) as necessary;
- Implement approved Continuous Improvement recommendations to improve productivity and effectiveness for the Locomotive Maintenance;
- Provide feedback and coach direct reports to improve their effectiveness; invoke performance improvement/development (i.e. training, courses, etc…) as necessary;
- Ensure qualified staff resources are available to maintain and repair locomotives to CP’s maintenance regulations, Manufacture specs, AAR standards and TC/FRA regulations;
- Ensure that I and my direct reports within Locomotive Maintenance conduct all activities consistent with the collective agreement.
- Must possess a post-secondary college diploma or University degree;
- Minimum of 6 years railway operations experience or strong heavy industry based knowledge;
- Locomotive equipment or similar heavy duty machinery knowledge;
- Strong problem solving/resolution skills;
- Capable of evaluating risks;
- Strong written, presentational and verbal communication skills;
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- Situational leadership;
- Ability to engage and direct immediate reports and manage in a unionized.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Driver's License Verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").