General Laborer - 3rd Shift (Ovens)
Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking a General Laborer – 3rd Shift to join our Ovens Operator team! The hourly rate for this role starts at $18.80/hour. This is a great entry-level role if you have an interest in a manufacturing career! This position is based at our Badger Drive Facility in Waukesha, WI.
This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $3,000*, less applicable withholding.
• Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only. Applications must be submitted on or after November 1st, 2022 to qualify.
• Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply.
• Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
• Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $1,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3) months of employment and the remaining $2,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of employment.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and vacation time (2 weeks to start) are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays - up to 12!
- Weekly pay
- Shift premiums - $1.25/hr
- Career progression opportunities to cross-train in different departments and increase compensation
- Overtime opportunities
- Retirement benefits - up to a 6% match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more
Position overview:The Ovens Operator will place coils in metal racks, squeeze, bake in ovens, quality dimensional check, turns testing, and prepare for final assembly usage. In this function you will:
Load coils into metal racks.
Squeeze coils with hydraulic jacks or press.
Place metal racks into heated ovens.
Set ovens temperature and cycle time.
Unload coils onto conveyor or pallets.
Quality check – measurement verification of coils.
Operate various kinds of material handling equipment: forklift, walkies, stackers, and hoists.
High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Ability to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials, and perform all other essential duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No