General Sales Manager
WBMA/WTTO/WABM is looking for a strong General Sales Manager to help guide our sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a local sales team in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
- Develop a high performing sales team that meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative marketing solutions.
- Develop sales strategies, plans and alignment in support of revenue goals.
- Achieve client results, satisfaction and retention.
- Effectively manage sales operations including inventory, OSI, SELL, Cognos and others as determined by the General Manager.
- Achieve strong performance of Local, Regional and National accounts.
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in senior TV sales management
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
- Ability to meet revenue budgets via digital interactive and other approaches
- Strong and positive leadership skills
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OSI is preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Exceeding revenue goals
- Forecasting, Inventory Control and Pricing
- Sales Promotion
- Development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning
- Excellent inventory management is essential
- Knowledge of Nielsen and Comscore ratings services, and familiarity with OSI a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!