General Manager, Sales - Florida (R454149)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Orthopaedic Sales General Manager
Who we want
- Analytical thinkers. Confident business experts who analyze market information and create follow-up plans to optimize sales and market share.
- Sophisticated communicators. Motivating, growth-oriented leaders who translate sales data into actionable steps for teams and business units.
- Collaborative leaders. Engaging partners who work with other sales channels and branch leaders to ensure successful contract development and compliance.
- Relationship-builders. Charismatic managers who create genuine, trusting relationships with surgeons, internal team members and potential new customers.
- Competitive achievers. Persistent, results-driven individuals who will stop at nothing to fulfill Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What you will do
Oversee sales and Develop teams. As an Orthopaedic Sales General Manager at Stryker, your performance-oriented leadership style empowers the growth of orthopedic sales revenue.
In this high-powered management position, you’ll wear many hats ranging from operations leader to people developer. Creating strategies and executing plans to meet customer demands, you’ll develop sales objectives, negotiate contracts and manage branch budgets. Driven by the need to be the best in your market and knowing that your market’s success is dependent on your sales representatives’ achievements, you are meticulous in selecting, developing and engaging your sales and operations teams. Fortunately, building networks comes easily to you, and your relationships with key surgeons and internal coworkers is a result of your ability to genuinely invest your time and energy with a wide variety of people.
If you’re passionate about leading teams and overseeing sales for products designed to make healthcare better, we want you on our team. Join Stryker, and help us fulfill our mission of improving healthcare.
What you need
- Bachelors’ degree, or equivalent experience required; advance degree in business preferred
- 7+ years of field sales experience in the orthopaedic or medical device industries; experience in operations management highly desirable
- 5+ years of sales management experience
- Profit & Loss experience highly desirable
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a variety of strategies to meet objectives (i.e. sales, training and development, process improvement, change management)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels, from line-employees to executive clients
What We Offer
- A culture driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Coworkers committed to collaboration and winning the right way
- Quality products that improve the lives of our customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.