General Roadmaster - QC (95364)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the General Roadmaster you will ensure safe, regularly inspected, reliable track infrastructure (including defects identified, protected and corrected) and cost effective engineering services on the geographic territory to permit the safe and efficient execution of CP’s train operations and ensure oversight and compliance with corporate policy and regulatory/engineering standards.
- Escalation and resolution of track block issues with OC. (in conjunction with Asst. Chief, block planning team);
- Significant Incident response support (not first responder but supports);
- High level monitoring of production program performance, intervene and work on corrective actions with the Dir T&S on the following items: production rates, consist design, material distribution issues, schedule changes, and budget;
- QA/QC reviews behind crews;
- Work with schedulers to report and reset production rates for planning and assignment of planned production work including production surfacing;
- Monitor daily production reports and address data issues for reporting;
- Validate compliance to standard consist, reporting and quality standards;
- Monitor production by crew verses plan, identify crew performance issues, diagnose root causes and work with DTSs/ACEs to resolve;
- Enforce standard crew consists;
- Spend time with all Tie/Rail/Ballast crews, provide report on findings, coach and mentor Managers Production to validate compliance to standard consist, production rates, reporting and quality standards;
- Coordinates Work Equipment Availability for Approved Production Work.
- Conducts Joint Testing and E-Test Validation;
- Supports Zone Safety Blitz Events and Safety Walk About Inspections.
- Assist with drill down on incident response;
- Work with Assistant Chiefs on feedback for possible promotion of Production Supervisors and Managers;
- Spend time with all Tie/Rail/Ballast crews, provide report on findings, coach and mentor Managers of Production;
- Time in the field with the Managers Production, coaching for performance, Identify best practices and develop communications to teach these;
- teaching technical items, enforcing standard consists and reporting;
- Develop and deliver content for crew start up meetings;
- Cover for Managers Production where required for AV / Illness / LET;
- Coordinates Discipline/Investigations through DTS, RM & MBM.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent;
- 5 years’ experience in the maintenance railway physical plant. Good understanding of track maintenance & track renewal;
- 2 years’ experience leading Track Renewal crews such as Rail, Tie crews;
- Complete understanding of Railway Track Safety Rules;
- Knowledge and full comprehension of Collective Agreement language;
- Demonstrated capability to apply relevant knowledge and technical skills to monitor adherence to CP policies and standards as well regulatory requirements;
- Proven success/ ability in Planning, Prioritizing and Goal Setting, problem resolutions while communicating effectively both verbally and written;
- Ability to simultaneously manage priorities and ensure delivery of key performance metrics during emergency and non-emergency operations;
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence peers, cross functional co-managers and leadership.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").