General Maintenance Worker
Amentum is looking for an experienced General Maintenance Worker to join our team in Washington, DC. The General Maintenance Worker performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
- Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets painting structures and equipment.
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hanging doors and installing door locks.
- Replacing broken windowpanes.
- Performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance required.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers. Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid US Driver's License
- Must possess and maintain an active TS clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Related experience preferred.