General Maintenance Technician IV - Lead
Amentum, an on-site contractor for Progress Rail, a Caterpillar Company, is seeking General Maintenance Technician 4 Lead to join our Industrial Maintenance team in Winston Salem, NC.
- Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 11pm – 7:30am
- Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
This lead technician is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment in a manufacturing environment as well as providing leadership to the maintenance staff and directing the daily workflow of the team. Provides instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Ensure safety protocol is followed.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience performing general maintenance repair in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher..
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical school diploma in industrial electrical, industrial mechanical, HVAC, or a related skilled trade.
- Experience working with electrical voltage up to 480V 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing Variable Frequency Drives.
- Experience performing preventive and corrective maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Experience reading prints and schematics.