Therapeutic Area Lead Vaccines, Infectious Diseases, General Medicine ( MERCUSR113736ENUS)
Join us and be part of our purposeful journey of invention!
Our Medical Affairs team advances patient care by engaging in scientific exchange with external medical experts and industry professionals ensuring the scientific value of our products is realized. We engage and train internal employees to ensure that they thoroughly comprehend the science behind the medicine and review further unmet medical needs to bolster collaboration and further differentiate our portfolio.
The Therapeutic Area Leader for Vaccines, Infectious Diseases and General Medicine (VaxID GM) is an important Medical Leader and the primary point of contact for these therapeutic areas related to Global Medical & Scientific Affairs activities for the Cluster North Latin America (Colombia, Ecuador, Central America & Caribbean, and Puerto Rico) as aligned with the Latin America region. This position will aim to strengthen internal and external partnerships within the Cluster for the therapeutic areas to increase overall performance in areas of unmet need.
The Therapeutic Area Leader will also be responsible for One Medical Voice, Cross functional working, External stakeholder engagement and Innovation and digital solutions.
- Clinical degree (medical training, residence) in related medical specialties (Infectology, Internal Medicine, Epidemiology) or five (5) years of Medical Affairs experience or more, in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Additional advanced degrees, entry on a Specialist Register (Pharmaceutical Medicine or a relevant clinical specialty), preferred.
- People management experience with complex matrix geographical organizations.
- Effective communication skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish, in verbal and written. And ability to present complex clinical data in both languages.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Background in the Therapeutic Area Leader for Vaccines, Infectious Diseases and General Medicine (focus in diabetes, cardiovascular disease and anesthesia).
- Understanding of the local compliance and regulatory environment in which Medical Affairs functions.
- Business acumen, ethics and credible reputation with the external scientific community.
- Experience in the development or field management interactions and insight gathering activities.
- Experience working in global and regional medical affairs functions.
- Able to understand different situations across a global affiliate network and contribute with relevant insights as appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of different regulations among the cluster countries is a plus.
- Experience in global biopharmaceutical industry in Clinical Development and/or Medical Affairs with demonstrated successful track record.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe .
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1