General Maintenance Technician (24746)
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician to join our operations & maintenance team in Winston Salem, NC.
This is a 3rd shift position; typical hours are 11pm – 7:30am. Hours may vary.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for assisting higher level technicians in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures and systems in a manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist the team with a variety of industrial facility system repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Assists co-workers in diagnosing malfunctions in production machinery and equipment.
- Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as overhead door systems, pumps, piping, seals and valves.
- Performs general maintenance such as trench cleaning and sign hanging.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment, including hand tools.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Two years of experience as an electrical and/or mechanical maintenance technician in an industrial setting, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to safely utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work from an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or a related field.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, sufficient to perform basic electrical repairs to switches and outlets and to replace lighting ballasts.
- Mechanical skills, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to facility related equipment.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration theory.
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience safely utilizing a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.