General Maintenance Technician (23774)
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician to join our operations & maintenance team in Wamego,KS.
This is a 2nd shift position; typical hours are 5:30PM to 2:00AM. Hours may vary.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: inspections, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, and associated technical maintenance tasks. In addition, general maintenance tasks related to repairing block floors, painting walls, repairing windows, doors and office furniture, grounds keeping, etc. will be required.
- Assists the team with a variety of industrial facility system repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Assists co-workers in diagnosing malfunctions in production machinery and equipment.
- Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as overhead door systems, cranes, pumps, piping, seals and valves.
- Performs general maintenance such as trench cleaning and sign hanging.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Basic electrical and mechanical skills. Read and understand prints and drawings. Understand and use measuring devices measuring devices such as Tape Measure, Micrometer, dial gauges and leveling tools
- Must demonstrate the ability to safely utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work from an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, sufficient to perform basic electrical repairs to switches and outlets and to replace lighting ballasts.
- Mechanical skills, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to facility related equipment.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration theory.
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience safely utilizing a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Enrolled in or recently graduated wiht Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or a related field.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.