Counsel, Office of General Counsel (335768)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The North America Office of General Counsel (“OGC”) Counsel position is responsible for working with the commercial and financial lines underwriting units and other service areas with primary responsibility for drafting policy and endorsement language and product development. Product development includes new contracts, endorsements and manuscripts. Additional responsibilities include training; policy language analysis, comparison and review; and coverage consultation. Collaboration and working in a team environment with underwriters, product development specialists, business counsel, claims, underwriting support services, actuarial, and other constituencies are essential.
Major Functional Responsibilities:
- Drafting contract and form language that accurately reflects relevant underwriting strategies, loss considerations and state mandates;
- Provide manuscript policy language to support account specific transactions;
- Reviewing, analyzing, drafting and revising policy language and developing new products;
- Review competitor and industry materials and their impact on Chubb products;
- Consult and provide interpretation on language development and analysis;
- Ensure consistency of language by line of business throughout commercial or financial products;
- Assist in preparation of all required supporting product documentation, comparisons, explanatory memorandums, annotated contracts, and disclosures;
- Provide guidance regarding marketing materials and contract training;
- Assist in responding to regulatory criticisms and mandate; and
- Adhere to Chubb’s standards, guidelines and templates for product development.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidates for this position should have at least 3 years of experience in property and casualty and/or financial lines insurance contract review or development or other relevant insurance experience. The candidate should have superior writing and language comprehension skills; strong analytical acumen, and an understanding of commercial and/or financial lines underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices.
- demonstrate a high proficiency in time management, leadership, influence, and project management skills.
- have a proven track record of results achievement, collaboration, teamwork, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a broad spectrum of constituencies.
Juris Doctor and Bar admission required.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.