General Maintenance Technician II (30330)
Amentum at GE Durham Aircraft Engine Assembly is seeking a General Maintenance Tech to join our Operations & Maintenance team in Durham, NC This will be a 1st shift position; typical hours are 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Hours may vary.
Enjoy working in clean, year-round climate controlled buildings where safety is a top priority!
In this position you will work in a team environment are responsible for assisting higher level technicians in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures and systems in a manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the team with a variety of industrial facility system repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Assists co-workers in diagnosing malfunctions in production machinery and equipment.
- Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as overhead door systems, pumps, piping, seals and valves.
- Performs general maintenance such as trench cleaning and sign hanging.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment, including hand tools.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Two years of experience as an electrical and/or mechanical maintenance technician in an industrial setting, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience safely utilizing a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work from an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization, must be autorized to work in the US
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or a related field.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, sufficient to perform basic electrical repairs to switches and outlets and to replace lighting ballasts.
- Mechanical skills, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to facility related equipment.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration theory.
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.