General Maintenance Technician (30379)
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician in Richmond, VA.
- Typical Work Hours are 7:30am-4:00pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
As a General Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for:
- Performing repairs, modifications, and preventive maintenance on buildings/facilities and office equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Performing and/or assisting with painting projects.
- Performing minor lighting repairs.
- Performing minor carpentry work.
- Assisting in the movement of office furniture, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performing minor plumbing, door, and hardware repairs.
- Performing general office repairs to wall coverings and flooring.
- Performing work based on dispatched service or daily/weekly work schedules.
- Working with or oversees subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or lead.
- Performing other duties as assigned by Manager or Leads.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities and equipment as a general maintenance technician, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Experience in the operations and maintenance of an industrial, large commercial, or logistics / distribution environment.
- Experience as a painter in a large manufacturing and/or office setting.
- Performing Preventive Maintenance and repairs on light industrial systems.
- Experience performing mechanical repairs on facilities components and equipment.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) or CMMS mobile device.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Power Point).