General Maintenance Technician I (30894)
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Tech I to join our operations & maintenance team in Sanford, NC.
This is a 3rd shift position; typical hours are 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Hours may vary depending on business demand.
- Enjoy working in clean, year-round climate-controlled buildings where Safety is the top priority!
- Assists the team with a variety of industrial facility system repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Inspections, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, and associated technical maintenance tasks
- Assists co-workers in diagnosing malfunctions in production machinery and equipment.
- Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as overhead door systems, cranes, pumps, piping, seals and valves.
- Performs general maintenance such as trench cleaning and sign hanging.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment, Forklifts, JLG’s, drill presses, bandsaws, and hand tools.
General maintenance tasks related to repairing floors, painting walls, repairing windows, doors, office furniture and grounds keeping.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Basic electrical and mechanical skills. Read and understand prints and drawings. Understand and use measuring devices measuring devices such as Tape Measure, Micrometer, dial gauges and leveling tools
- Must demonstrate the ability to safely utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work from an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Able to stand continuously for 4 hours at a time
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or a related field.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, sufficient to perform basic electrical repairs to switches and outlets and to replace lighting ballasts.
- Mechanical skills, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to facility related equipment.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration theory.
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience safely utilizing a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.