General Maintenance Technician IV (32898)
Amentum at GE Durham Aircraft Engine Assembly is seeking an advanced General Maintenance Technician IV for our 1st shift Industrial Maintenance Team. Enjoy working in clean, year-round climate-controlled buildings where Safety is the top priority!
- Typical work schedule is 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. hours may vary based on business demand.
The General Maintenance Technician IV is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility mechanical equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment. Identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs facility mechanical systems; pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; conveyors; and overhead cranes.
- Troubleshoots and repairs HVAC equipment, blowers, fans, and heat exchangers.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots ventilation equipment, pumps, bearing failures, fans, chillers, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, boilers, etc. in an industrial environment.
- Performs welding and fabrication, including building custom fixtures, fabricating brackets, and fabricating maintenance parts or “one off” parts.
- Performs maintenance on various welders as needed.
- Troubleshoots and repairs commercial doors, including those made by Rytek, DoorMan, Mega Door, DynaCo Doors, and similar manufacturers.
- Performs basic pipefitting repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience performing maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanical/electrical skills are required, including the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
- Must be able pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position will require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
Physical / Special Requirements:
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the ability and flexibility to regularly/repetitively bend/stoop, squat , kneel, move in a 90-degree fashion, stretch/reach during shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Ability to stand continuously for 4 hours at a time.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- Welding certification.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics, and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience welding using MIG, TIG, and arc welders.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.