General Maintenance Technician V (33609)
Amentum is seeking a highly advanced General Maintenance Technician V to join our manufacturing maintenance team.
• Typical Schedule hours may vary based on business demand.
This position is responsible for performing at the subject matter expert level in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility systems in a large industrial environment including clean rooms. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational/time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot industrial facility equipment and systems such as HVAC, Compressors, Chillers, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers and other equipment as required. Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective electrical / mechanical maintenance on all facility related industrial systems including, but not limited to: HVAC, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor systems, filtration systems, and coolant systems.
The Facility Maintenance Technician IV must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
• Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
• Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
• A strong electrical skill set is required, including experience with control systems and 480V systems.
• Prior experience with air compressors, air dryers and HVAC systems in a production setting are required.
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs HVAC machinery, cooling systems, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; conveyors; overhead cranes.
• Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
• Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
• Able to weld and fabricate.
• Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
• Troubleshoots and repairs electrical issues.
• Safely operates fork-lifts, hoists and cranes.
• Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
• Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
• Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
• Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
• Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
• Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
• High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
• Six years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position will require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
• Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
• Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
• Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
• Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
• Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
• Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Associates degree or technical certification in Industrial Technology, Industrial Mechanical, or related technical program.
• Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
• Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
• Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
• Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
• Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
• Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
• Experience welding using MIG, TIG, and arc welders.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.