General Maintenance Technician II (33583)
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician II to join our operations & maintenance.
• Typical work schedule will vary based on business demand.
The Maintenance Tech II is responsible for assisting higher level technicians in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures and systems in a manufacturing environment including clean rooms.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Assists the team with a variety of industrial facility system repairs and preventive maintenance.
• Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as overhead door systems, pumps, piping, seals and valves.
• Performs general maintenance such as trench cleaning and sign hanging.
• Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance issues.
• Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
• Operates a variety of equipment, including hand tools.
• Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
• High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
• Two years of experience as an electrical and/or mechanical maintenance technician or general maintenance technician in an industrial setting or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must demonstrate the ability to safely utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
• Ability to work from an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
• Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
• Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
• Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
• Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
• Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
• Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
• Associates degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or a related field.
• Knowledge of basic electrical theory, sufficient to perform basic electrical repairs to switches and outlets and to replace lighting ballasts.
• Mechanical skills, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to facility related equipment.
• Knowledge of basic refrigeration theory.
• Knowledge of EPA guidelines.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Experience safely utilizing a wide variety of hand and power tools.
• Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.