General Maintenance Technician IV (33504)
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician IV to join our operations & maintenance team.
• Typical work schedule will vary based on business demand.
This facility maintenance technician is responsible for providing an advanced level expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility systems in a large industrial environment including clean rooms. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational/time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot industrial facility equipment and systems such as HVAC, Compressors, Chillers, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers and other equipment as required. Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective electrical / mechanical maintenance on all facility related industrial systems including, but not limited to: HVAC, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor systems, filtration systems, and coolant systems.
The Facility Maintenance Technician IV must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
• Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
• Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
• A strong electrical skill set is required, including experience with control systems and 480V systems.
• Prior experience with air compressors, air dryers and HVAC systems in a production setting are required.
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs HVAC machinery, cooling systems, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; conveyors; overhead cranes.
• Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
• Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
• Able to weld and fabricate.
• Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
• Troubleshoots and repairs electrical issues.
• Safely operates fork-lifts, hoists and cranes.
• Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
• Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
• Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
• Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
• Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
• Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
• High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
• Five years of maintenance experience in one of the following trades, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience: Industrial HVAC/ Industrial Mechanical Machine Repair, or Automotive Repair.
• Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
• Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
• Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
• Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
• Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
• Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
• Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
• Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
• Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
• Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
• Associates degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, HVAC, or a related field.
• Experience working safely with 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial facility mechanical equipment, including vacuum systems and RO/DI water systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing large commercial or industrial HVAC/R equipment.
• Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
• Working knowledge of all types and kinds of hand and power tools, air measuring instruments, various refrigeration equipment, various electrical meters, meggers, and shop equipment.
• Experience working in a CMMS environment.
• Install, Maintain, and repair industrial HVAC Systems
• Install, Maintain, and repair industrial Electrical Systems
• Install, Maintain, and repair industrial Mechanical Systems
• Experience in leading or supervising a team of maintenance personnel.
• Advanced PLC experience, including troubleshooting and making program changes, such as, but not limited to, Allen Bradley, PLC-5, 500, and/or RS-5000.
• Experience troubleshooting hoist and cranes
• Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial systems such as heating units and HVAC equipment, conveyors, and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
• Welding and Fabricating experience
• Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
• Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including pneumatic handling systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
• Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
• Other Attributes:
• Must be willing to work overtime when required.
• May be required to work holidays and weekends.
• Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.